Friday, August 10, 2007

Dah balik rumah ..

- Dah 2 hari dah sampai di bumi Melbourne... Still in no mood to write .. paste balik jer apa yang dah ditulis masa kat Malaysia, tapi tak sempat2 nak post dalam blog...

- To my dear friend Liana aka Konot... Selamat pengantin baru. Like i said to you, it's rare for people to have a second chance... so cherish this.. semoga bahagia selamanya...

- my copy - paste entry :P

Never thought that I’m gonna come back to Malaysia again, so soon. But here we are. 9 months after Ihsan’s father 26 hours surgery marathon. Things are not looking good. And we are back here to spend, hopefully some quality time with his father. There’s nothing much that we can do. Just being here for him.

The kids were happy though to be back. Escaping the very rigid and cool weather in Melbourne, and finding joy in hot sunny days in Malaysia. I love watching Taufiq’s and Amirah’s blushing pink cheeks. And I’m not the only one, apparently other people notice this too, asking me if I did put on some blusher to them…hehe.. macam la aku takde keje lain … Taufiq was more friendly this time around. Last time we were back here, he was so clingy. Takde mama dia dekat2 tak wajib. I guess it’s part of growing up. Amirah as usual being very chatty and friendly as always. To my amusement, she was shy to speak English. Tok2 and tokwan punya la dok cakap cucu balik from obersea..hehehe.. sekali cucu speaking Melayu all the time.

The first 3 days was spent at my home town in Kedah. Sempatlah lepas gian makan buah rambutan, manggis,dokong,mata kucing and my dad’s very own ‘buah sulung’ dragon fruit (kat depan yard rumah aku sekarang ada like 20 pokok naga kot.. my dad’s latest hobby). Yes, all the fruits semua kat tepi2 rumah je. I could like jump and grab a bunch of rambutans and dokongs or went manggis picking at my paklong’s manggis tree sebelah rumah jer. I used to have this huge durian tree in front of my house, tapi dah mati. She was in her utmost glory masa tahun aku kawin dulu (hmm.. 2001 .. dah 6 tahun eh..). I still remembered counting about 150 D24 grade buah durian in one single pokok. Bnayk tu..sampai tak larat makan...And I also missed my pokok buah kedondong or buah amra bak kata orang Kedah. Pokok ni pun dah kena tebang.. I used to engrave my err.. secret’s admire’s name kat batang pokok ni dulu..hehehe.. (zaman sekolah2 rendah dulu okay..) Anyway … It was good to be home.

On Friday, we drove our ‘loaned’ car to Terengganu. Reached there in the evening. Tersentuh sekejap tengok Ihsan’s father menitiskan airmata tengok kitorang balik. Thousand of miles away, and yet here we are. I really don’t know how to describe papa. Just that it was painful to watch. He’s so thin and so fragile. The cancer around his mouth totally preventing him from talking, breathing and eating normally. He eats through the tube inserted in his nose, breathe from the tube in his neck, talks with his fingers, hanya pen dan notebook penyambung bicara. It was sad to see once a strong and charismatic man, now lying helplessly on bed..looking very old and tired.I pray to God to give strength to this old man. And to give strength to those who love him. Dugaan Allah itu Maha hebat. Will I be as strong if it was me? …

I’m glad that we are back. Even though for a while, but at least we are here. We’ll try to make the most of it.


8 comments:

Amy said...

Welcome back Ayu :D. Sorry to hear about Ihsan's father. I thought dah ok sejak operation hari tu- I even showed my father the picture you posted last time coz my father knew your father in law masa kat Penang dulu. *sigh* I guess you have to be strong for Ihsan too kan? Hopefully semua ok.

Ayu said...

Thanks Amy. Sama2 lah kita doa yang terbaik buat dia :)

And thanks juga sebab rajin dok bukak blog aku yang j a r a n g - j a r a n g sungguh diupdate :P

Anonymous said...

Dear Ayu,
It's tough hoping for a miracle to happen and i hope ihsan n you will brave whatever that God decide for his father..Be strong..

-Ajezack-

Anonymous said...

Let's just hope for all the good things for papa Ihsan.
Anyway, i can't describe my feeling having talking to you..i somehow miss that voice i know since 13 years back. Take care my fren..

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

thks for the wish, thks for the gift and thks for everything dear.. and i pray that ihsan's father will recover soon.. moga Allah beri kekutana pada dia and family utk hadapi dugaan..

ps - pelik siot hang panggey aku liana.. heheh

Anonymous said...

Ayu, I'm sure u, Ihsan and the kids coming back to M'sia to visit him is already satu hadiah, big encouragement to him already. Kita doakan semoga tabah and recover soon. Insya Allah..

princessren said...

ayu and family: be strong k. u and family take care over there.

duchess said...

we will pray for ihsan's dad and the family..insyaAllah, everything will be fine...He knows what is best for us..